I do love a good pancake! In fact I eat them all year round but today is just another excuse to eat more than usual!
Apparently (or so I heard on the radio this morning) that here in the UK we actually eat Crepes not pancakes. Pancakes are the fluffy, thick American pancakes and Crepes are the thin versions that we generally eat. However it’s the fluffy American kind that I especially like. Toppings such as blueberries, bananas, chocolate, maple syrup and bacon… I could go on! But my favourite is the traditional lemon and sugar, yum!
For those of you who’d like to try my favourite recipe here is it below, courtesy of Annabel Karmel (yes the lady who creates recipes for babies!).
150ml natural yogurt
5oz self raising flour
A pinch of salt
- Mix the yogurt and milk together
- Add in the egg and whisk
- Add in the flour and whisk again
- Add in the salt
- Heat some oil in a frying pan over a medium heat
- Ladle in 1 spoonful of mix for 1 pancake
- Cook on both sides for a few minutes until browned and cooked through
- Finish with whatever topping you prefer